WHAT STUDENTS SAY?
“I have worked with Mr. David Pye on several projects in the past 20 years. I continue to depend on David’s knowledge and professionalism and recommend David to anyone wanting to expand their knowledge and to the use of heat treatment technology to attain desired results.”, President - Innovative Materials Inc. USA
“I have attended his many training sessions. He is an excellent teacher and can present complicated concepts & theories in way that almost anyone can understand.”, GM - Magnum Metal Treating, USA
“Mr. David Pye has done many training courses for me over the past 7 years, helping us to setup our heat treat area and providing training at all levels of the organization. He is technically competent and a good instructor – able to provide examples that make difficult concepts easy to understand.”, Plant Manager - Seal and Metal Products of Latin America, Mexico
“The course is well structured with great study material and video lectures. Could discuss my queries with the trainer. Thoroughly enjoyed the learning process.”, Owner - Delta Instruments Company, India
Download Course Brochure
About the course
- Because of its high strength to weight ratio, the application of Aluminium alloys is increasing day by day in the automotive and aerospace industries.
- Proper heat treatment is extremely critical to achieve the desired metallurgical properties of Aluminium alloys. We are therefore pleased to make this online course available to heat treatment professionals.
This course covers all important aspects about the heat treatment of aluminium alloys including alloy nomenclature, solutionising process details, quenching and aging process details, critical factors and important precautions to be taken during heat treatment of aluminium alloys, etc.
Please refer to the Course Content section below for more details.
To make your decision easy, take a FREE TRIAL!
The objective of the course is to
- Provide thorough knowledge of the fundamental principles and processes involved in the heat treatment of aluminium alloys.
- Provide in-depth knowledge about the critical factors to be considered and important precautions to be taken while heat treating aluminium alloys.
- Practical approach and it will help to improve the processes on the shop floor, thereby reducing rejections, rework and wastage and improve quality and customer satisfaction.
What i am going to get from this?
By registering for this course, you can get thorough knowledge on heat treatment of aluminium alloys including in-depth knowledge of critical factors and important precautions required to be taken while heat treating aluminium alloys. With this knowledge, you can improve your processes, eliminate rework and rejections, improve quality of heat treatment and improve customer satisfaction.
When you register for the course,
- Video Lectures / Study Notes / Self-assessment Quiz
- Opportunity to discuss queries with the trainer
- New ideas to solve existing issues or make improvements
- Achieve significant reduction in rework / rejection costs
- Course Completion Certificate
- Enhanced career prospects
Implement as you learn
A lot of classroom training goes waste because most of it is never implemented. The main reason for the same is that you are not in touch with the trainer and if you face any issues in implementation, trainer’s guidance is not available to you.
- On htcourses.com, unlike class-room training, the course duration is longer and you have a chance to absorb new concepts and try and implement them on the job.
- This is where the discussion forum comes in handy as it will help you to directly interact with the trainer. You get to discuss real- time issues / queries with the trainer on the said topic.
- The trainer, owing to his vast experience will provide solutions to your queries and issues. This should motivate you to implement the concepts immediately on the shop floor and solve any issues you may be facing.
- This will have tremendous long term benefits as your new practices could lead to reduced costs, reduced rework, rejections and improve quality.
Who should take this course?
This course shall be useful to every heat treatment professional involved in heat treatment of aluminium alloys. Specifically, this course would be useful to heat treatment professionals working in the following industries:
- Commercial heat treaters
- OEM auto manufacturers
- Auto component manufacturers
- Die-casting industry
- Aluminium forging industry
- Aerospace industry
Metallurgical Students / Freshers can also greatly benefit from this course because they will get industry oriented training, making them job ready.
Certificate of course completion shall be awarded to every registered student after satisfactory completion of the course.
- After going through the study material, the student will be required to clear the on-line self-assessment quiz.
- On clearing the on-line quiz, the student will be interviewed by the trainer, Mr. David Pye on skype.
- On satisfactory performance at the interview, a certificate of course completion shall be personally signed and issued by the trainer.
Once you enroll for the course , You can login to your Student account .Here you will find the Study Notes (PDF) , Video Lectures , Self-assessment Quizzes and links to Discussion Forums all at one place . You can now watch the video lectures and go through the notes until you have fully grasped the concepts. In case you have any queries about concepts or their implementation, you may post your queries in the discussion forum for the trainer to answer. Once you are confident about the topic you may take a quiz to self assess your understanding of the concepts. When you are through with all chapters, an online interview with the trainer will get you a Completion certificate.
About the trainer
Mr. David Pye of Pye Metallurgical International Consulting has 50+ years of experience of working in different capacities in the heattreatment industry. Mr. David Pye is the author of the book Practical Nitriding and Ferritic Nitrocarburising, which was published by ASM International, USA. He has to his credit decades of teaching experience in conducting in-house training courses for reputed organisations as well as conducting Live and On-Line training courses on various heat treatment related topics. Please visit his website www.heat-treatment-metallurgy.com for more details.View Profile